Sunday 28 September 2014

Almond-Raisin Potato Balls + Chilly-Raisin Chutney




"Oh Sunday! You're here. And what a particular delight you are today. You are a Sunday on Navratri. That deserves special treatment. Don't you worry. I have taken care of everything. You won't be disappointed."

Hey folks! Please excuse my Sunday rantings. It's been a long time since I got a Sunday to myself. And clearly, I am too pleased about it. And I bet you all are too. But is the Navratri Sunday daunting you with the difficult choice about what to make that will satisfy you and your family without you crossing the safe fasting zone? You will be happy to know that I have a solution. Aww! You are welcome.



Stop. Stop! Don't think about having sabudana wada or sabudana khichdi. It's the fourth day of Navratri and haven't you had enough of it already? I am sure if you aren't saying yes out loud, you are slowly swearing it under your breath. Cool it now. I said I have a solution. It is these savoury yum balls of potato. I decided to call them Almond-Raisin Potato Balls, well, for obvious reasons. But that wasn't enough. I wanted to serve it and serve it right. So I paired them with this incredible sweet and spicy Chilly-Raisin Chutney. I know. Sounds hot! It is.



Enjoy this recipe with your family. Not just during Navratris, but on any occasion.


Ingredients:

For almond-raisin potato balls:
Potatoes- 2 large, boiled
Ground roasted peanuts- 4-5 tbsp, heaped
Roasted almonds- 6-8 nos, sliced
Raisins- a handful
Green chillies- 2-3 nos, finely chopped
Fresh coriander leaves- 2 tbsp, chopped
Rock salt- to taste
Oil for deep frying

For chilly-raisin chutney:
Dried red chillies-  2 nos.
Raisins- 1/4 cup
Yoghurt- 3-4 tbsp (preferably thick yoghurt)
Salt to taste

Recipe:

Mash together all ingredients and form medium sized balls. This quantity yielded me 6 potato balls.

Deep fry until golden brown in color.

For chutney, soak red chillies and raisins in hot water for 10 minutes.

Drain water and blend together with yoghurt and salt (rock salt in this case) to a smooth paste.

Enjoy hot!



No comments:

Post a Comment