Tuesday 3 December 2013

Kamras (Star fruit) Chutney



Hi everyone!
So today my dad came home for lunch and said he was craving a nice chutney and just like that it was decided to make Kamras chutney. Kamras is also known as Star fruit and is a delicious, juicy, sweet and sour fruit. And then in a while I found myself up on the roof, reaching out, stretching my arms, using a stick to bend the branches to pluck the best of the fruits on the tree (Yes! We have a tree at home.).
After plucking enough fruits, I got down and went ahead to make this chutney. I am sharing the recipe here.
Hope you enjoy it.



Ingredients:
Star fruit - 3-4 nos medium size
4-6 Green chilllies
12-15 fresh curry leaves
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp red chilly powder (optional)
1-2 tsp sugar
1 cup coriander leaves (loosely packed)
Salt to taste

Recipe:
Wash star fruit and cut in medium size pieces.

Chop chillies and coriander leaves coarsely.

Add all ingredients in a mixer with little water and grind to a paste that is not too fine.

Your Chutney is ready.

Serve with parathas, kebabs etc.






No comments:

Post a Comment