Wednesday 2 July 2014

Roasted Peanut and Lemon Pasta



Do you know what I think of pasta? I think that with a little creativity, you never have to eat the same pasta twice! This is one of the many reasons I am a big time pasta lover. It's like adding a little twist here, a head bob there to your dance routine and you have got yourself a brand new show to perform.
So this time I added a peanutty twist and a lemony bob to my penne.




This is an easy pasta recipe that does not ask for too much of your time or effort. I actually prepared it a couple of weeks ago when I was craving pasta but was too busy in my studies to go through the whole sauce based pasta routine. Just then I caught a whiff of peanuts my mom was roasting in the kitchen, which triggered a chain of thoughts and here I am sharing this recipe with you all.

Roasted Peanut and Lemon Pasta

Ingredients:

Penne- 200 gm
Peanuts- 1/4 cup
Onion, cut into bite size pieces- 2, medium
Garlic, crushed- 3-4 cloves
Juice of 1 medium lemon
Salt to taste
Crushed pepper and chilly flakes for seasoning
Olive oil- 3 tbsp

Recipe:

Keep pasta to cook according to package instructions.

Meanwhile, dry roast peanuts. Let cool, remove cover and grind peanuts to a coarse powder.

Heat olive oil in a pan. 

Add crushed garlic and fry till fragrant, about 15 seconds.

Add onions and saute on high heat for 2-3 minutes, until they soften and start turning brown, still retaining their crunch.

Add cooked pasta.

Add salt, crushed pepper, chilly flakes and peanut powder.

Mix well.

When pasta is sufficiently warmed, turn off heat and add lemon juice. Give a stir to mix.

Enjoy your meal.

Roasted Peanut and Lemon Pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment