Sunday 10 August 2014

Sweet Corn Kebabs



"It was raining. I had corn." Do I need say more?

Well, I better do. At first I thought of having corn on cob but I had it the day before and the day before that and  probably two more times in the past week. Hence came corn kebabs in the picture. I clocked myself to 30 minutes and prayed for it to not stop raining. Guess what? It didn't!


In this recipe, I have tried to use as few ingredients as possible in an attempt to not suffocate the lovely and much original flavor of sweet corn. This recipe is a no brainer and easy to whip. Pair these kebabs with a steaming cup of tea and you'll have your perfect rainy day.





Ingredients:

Sweet corn kernels- 2 cups
Ground, roasted peanuts- 3 tbsp
Finely chopped green chillies- 1 tbsp (adjust)
Chopped fresh coriander- 1 tbsp
Corn flour- about a tbsp to enhance binding (adjust)
Salt to taste
Oil for shallow frying

Recipe:

Grind sweet corn kernels in a mixer. It doesn't take long, under 10 seconds. DO NOT ADD WATER.

In a bowl, mix together ground sweetcorn and other all other ingredients, except oil. 

Smear a drop of oil on your palms and make small patties of the mixture.

Heat oil in a flat bottomed pan.

Shallow fry patties till golden brown on both sides.

Serve hot with some mint chutney.




No comments:

Post a Comment