Wednesday 9 July 2014

Peach and Fig Sandwich with Lemon Glaze



Every time I hear 'peach', I hear Ross saying, "I bruise like peach." While I was working on this sandwich I couldn't resist, found this particular episode on Friends and watched it. Hilarious!

Anyway, I myself am not a peach-fan and I simply ignored them when I saw them sitting in the fruit bowl at home. But as the day progressed, those peaches would just stare at me every time I passed by as if asking me, "What have we done to deserve this cold attitude?'' My heart melted! I set about thinking a recipe that would be agreeable to both them and me. The outcome was this lovely peach and fig sandwich. The next time you get peaches, spare at least 1 to try out this recipe.


Peach and Fig Sandwich with Lemon Glaze

I have used dried figs in this recipe. Since I have never worked with fresh figs, I am not sure how they would taste in this recipe. Please let me know if you happen to use fresh figs for this sandwich.

Ingredients:

Peaches- 3 nos
Sandwich bread slices- 4
Dried figs- 3-4 nos
Grated cheese- 4 tbsp
Granulated sugar- 2 tbsp
Confectioner's sugar- 2 tbsp
Lemon juice- 1 tbsp

Recipe:

Peel and chop peaches. Add granulated sugar, mix and set aside for 15-20 minutes. Sugar will melt in juice released by peaches.

In a pan, add these sugary peaches and let the mixture thicken on medium flame. Add a pinch of cornflour if needed. Turn off heat when no liquid remains.

Chop figs.

Take bread slices.

Spread a layer of peach. Then add a few pieces of figs. Top with grated cheese.

Place another slice of bread on top.

Grill.

To prepare lemon glaze, in a small bowl mix together confectioner's sugar and lemon juice.

Drizzle on sandwiches.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment