Wednesday 12 November 2014

Spinach and Pomegranate Salad with Walnuts



The last time I posted a salad recipe, I was set on using veggies that are not available in my town and spent an entire day travelling back and forth another town to procure them. But this time I decided to use what I had and the result is this beautiful fresh salad. I am in love with the colors and the juicy crunch of pomegranate in this salad. I have to admit that otherwise I do not like a lot of nuts in my salads, but walnuts add a welcome flavor addition in this one so I cannot complain too much.

A fresh, uncomplicated salad such as this one is what's cheering me today because there are too many complications to deal with in life anyway. Why make a mess of your food too when there's simplicity to your rescue?  Much like this salad I posted earlier and this one here today, there are times you go out of your way to get the things you want and then one day you have to settle for what you can get because no matter how hard you try to go out and get the things you want, you can't because it's a rainy day; and even if you manage to get on the road somehow, others couldn't have.

Oh! Going astray, am I? Not much I bet. For what it's worth, this salad is gorgeous and tasty. Have fun with it. This isn't exactly a stick to the measure recipe. Add more of what you like, skip what your heart says no to.

Ingredients:

Fresh spinach leaves- 1 cup, loosely packed
Pomegranate seeds- 1/2 cup
One small red onion sliced
Half an apple sliced
Toasted walnuts to your liking
Lemon juice about 3 tbsp, adjust
Kosher salt to taste

Recipe:

Toss together all ingredients in a bowl. Check for seasonings.

Chill for 10 minutes, or don't, and serve as a side or have a full bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment