Thursday 30 October 2014

Garlic Spinach with Tomatoes




Garlic, good! Spinach, good! Tomatoes, good! Throw them together in a pan, even better.

Hi all. With today's post I am beginning a series of posts we'll be calling "Three Ingredient Thursdays". These posts will use only three major ingredients and will be easy to prepare. These will be great for quick fix, flavorful meals.



Today's recipe is Garlic Spinach with Tomatoes. The name says it all and it is as easy as that. This recipe can be prepared in just minutes and serves as a great side dish or a full meal if you are on the lookout for healthier meal options. It is very light and fresh and smells great.

Spinach season has just begun and I had a whole kilo of incredibly fresh baby spinach with me. I couldn't resist going for this recipe for my lunch today. Well, that and because I didn't really want to have what was cooked for lunch today. I am not a picky eater, but sometimes the heart wants what the heart wants, or doesn't, in this case. So as lunch was being served, I washed some of the baby spinach, chopped some garlic and tomatoes and was on the table with my dish even before everyone started eating.



It smelled and looked so pretty that everyone wanted to have some and I was gracious enough to let them have a spoon each. What could I do? I had only made only one serving. I didn't think they would want any of it with their wholesome lunch. Never mind, everyone liked it and it was agreed that it is good enough to be eaten as a side, or when you just can't be content with a spinach salad.



Here is the recipe.
Stay tuned for more such easy recipes.

Ingredients:

Baby Spinach- 100 gm
Baby tomatoes- 3
Garlic cloves- 3 nos.
Olive oil (or any vegetable oil)- 1 tbsp
Salt and pepper to taste

Recipe:

Wash spinach thoroughly. 

Quarter tomatoes and chop garlic. I used really small ripe tomatoes, not cherry tomatoes.

In a pan, take oil and add chopped garlic to it. When garlic becomes fragrant, about a minute, add tomatoes and saute for a minute or till they begin to soften.

Now add spinach, salt and pepper. Stir to coat.

Cover and cook for 2 minutes on low flame till spinach is wilted.

Drain excess water.

Eat warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment