Saturday 27 December 2014

One-Pot Broccoli & Peas Pasta





Here's a wave to all pasta lovers, so I am waving at myself too. I am waving in glee with this super awesome One-pot Broccoli and Peas Pasta that I just treated myself with. It's creamy, it's tasty and it's so easy to make that it's almost disheartening to miss.

One-pot pastas are a rage over the internet and I would be surprised if they weren't because these recipes take cooking of pastas to a level of surreal ease that must only be met with gratitude. And I am merely a humble lover of pasta who chose to display her gratitude with this easy recipe that is a result of ogling at various pasta recipes in various brilliant food blogs.



I am given to understand that most people stay away from broccoli and I don't understand why. It is a perfectly fine vegetable, pretty and green and everything and they say it's healthy too. I didn't have broccoli until after school when I moved to a city for college. I remember a few of us girls had gone to this restaurant called Moksha in Nagpur and I was elated to find something new in my food. I ate all the broccoli while my friends decided to disregard it and one of my friends painted her nails very coolly ignoring the whole yes and no broccoli chatter on the table and waited for her order.

O.K. That's enough reminiscing.



Another point of query. Does any of you too gets confused which pasta to use from what seems like an endless list? Or is there a general guide to the type of pasta for various recipes? I would love to have one if it exists. It would save me a lot of time.

So for this recipe, here's what you have to do.

Take all ingredients in a pot i.e. penne, broccoli, peas, onions, garlic and all spices and herbs in a pot.



Add vegetable stock and olive oil.



Cook. Some milk will be added later while cooking.

And here it is. A lovely broccoli and peas pasta for you.



This is the perfect example of a KISS recipe. IYKWIM.

Ingredients:

Penne- about 100 gm
Broccoli florets- 1 cup
Peas- a handful
Onion, sliced- 1 medium
Garlic, chopped- 4-5 cloves
Vegetable stock- 1 and a half cup (Adjust)
Olive oil- 2 tbsp
Freshly ground pepper- 1 tsp
Pasta spice mix- 1 tsp
Dried oregano- 1 tsp
Chilli flakes- a pinch
Salt- to taste
Milk- 1/3 cup
Flour- 1 tbsp

Recipe:

Take all ingredients except milk and floor in a skillet or a pan. Stir.

Bring to boil and let simmer until water is reduced to 1/4. Stir occasionally.

Add milk and floor. Stir.

Cover and let simmer until all liquid evaporates and pasta becomes slightly creamy.

Check for seasoning.

Serve warm.



No comments:

Post a Comment