Friday 9 January 2015

Healthy Roasted Cauliflower





I am not even going to tell you that this post is inspired by a need for eating healthy and low calorie food as a month from now I have to attend my cousin's wedding and there's a number on the weighing scale at which I am aiming. Nope, I am not going to tell you all this, at all. Stop asking me.

Cauliflower is dear to me, raw and cooked. My mom doesn't like me loitering around the kitchen when she is handling cauliflower because I finish off much of the quantity she means to cook just like that. Those beautiful white florets are so irresistible. My dad and I totally vouch for that, or any vegetable that we find palatable raw. 

So this post here is actually my latest favorite way of eating cauliflower this season. It is easy and so good. I can usually eat a large head of cauliflower all by myself this way. It is so light and tender. 

On a serious note now, if you are following a vegetable based diet, things can get boring pretty soon. I mean how much salad are you going to eat, or how much flavor can you resist? This is a recipe that will let you go easy with your diet without compromising it. If you don't want to use the 2 tbsp of olive oil I used in this recipe, by all means, skip it, and you will still have lovely roasted cauliflower florets in the end. 

Here's the step wise recipe.

To begin, pour about 2 tbsp of olive oil on florets from a large head of cauliflower in a bowl or simply drizzling a little bit of oil will do the job just as fine. Toss florets to coat with oil. Take care that the florets are not too big.



Prepare a spice mix with 1/4 tsp chilli flakes, 2 tsp cinnamon powder, 1 tsp cumin powder and 1 tsp dried oregano.



Grease a baking tray with some cooking spray or a couple of drops of oil. Spread cauliflower florets on it. Sprinkle the spice mix all over the florets. Don't forget to sprinkle salt to taste too.



Now roast in an oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until the tops of florets turn brown.
Here is your perfect, healthy roasted cauliflower. Eat while it's still warm.



No comments:

Post a Comment